Celebrity Ink Tattoo Franchising Pty Ltd
- Content means any information or data that you upload, submit, post, create, transmit, store or display when interacting with Celebrity Ink.
- a Device is any computer used to access our services, including without limitation a desktop, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or other consumer electronic device.
- our services include our:
- Website(s); and
- the granting of franchises for the operation of Celebrity Ink branded tattoo studios.
- Personal Information means information that may be used to readily identify or contact you as an individual person, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. Personal Information does not include information that has been anonymised such that it does not allow for the ready identification of specific individuals.
- Websites means any of Celebrity Ink’s websites, including but not limited to Celebrity Ink.com.au, and any related websites, sub-domains and pages.
Collection of Information
Information you provide to us
We collect the following information that you provide:
- Content: we collect and store Content that you create, input, submit, post, upload, transmit, store or display in the process of using our services, ordering our products or accessing our Websites. Such Content includes any Personal Information or other sensitive information that you choose to include (“passively-collected Personal Information”).
- Other: we collect other data that you submit to our Websites or as you participate in any features of the our services, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, sweepstakes, activity or event, apply for a job, request customer support, communicate with us via third party social media sites or otherwise communicate with us. For example, information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Celebrity Ink product could be submitted to our Support Services or posted in any public forums. Any information, including Personal Information, that you submit to our Websites could be visible to the public unless submitted to a secure area in the Website.
Information we collect from your use of our services
We may collect the following information whilst you use our services:
- Web Logs: As with most websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our Websites. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses as well as browser type, internet service provider, URLs of referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, information you search for, locale and language preferences, identification numbers associated with your Devices, your mobile carrier, and system configuration information.
- Analytics Information: We and our analytics provider collect and store analytics information when you use our Websites to help us improve our products and services.
- Information Derived from Content: Analytics information also consists of data we collect as a result of running queries against Content across our user base for the purposes of generating Usage Data. “Usage Data” is aggregated data about a group or category of services, features or users that does not contain Personal Information. Though we may happen upon sensitive or Personal Information as we compile Usage Data from Content across user instances, this is a by-product of our efforts to understand broader patterns and trends. It is not a concerted effort by us to examine the Content of any particular customer.
- improve and customise our services and your experience;
- allow you to access and use the Websites; and
- count visits and understand which areas and features of the Websites are most popular.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all aspects of our Websites. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Websites or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information we collect from other sources
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
We do not anticipate collecting Sensitive Information from you. However, if such information comes into our possession, it will be used by us only:
- for the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- for a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- with your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
How we use Information we collect
We use the information we collect about you (including Personal Information to the extent applicable) for a variety of purposes, including to:
- provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote our services;
- enable you to access and use our services (e.g. facilitate and streamline orders, take advantage of limited time promotions);
- process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- communicate with you, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests;
- providing customer service and support; providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events; providing other news or information about us and our select partners; and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. Generally, you have the ability to opt out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices”;
- process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access and other illegal activities;
- personalise our services, including by providing content, features, or advertisements that match your interests and preferences;
- enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share Content with us and our staff; and
- for other purposes about which we notify you.
Information sharing and disclosure
We will not share or disclose any of your Personal Information with third parties except as described in this policy. We do not sell your Personal Information or Content. Circumstances where we may share or disclose your Personal Information include:
- Studios:we may need to share your Personal Information with our tattoo studios and the operators of those studios, who may be third party franchisees.
- System Administration: you should be aware that our systems administrator may be able to access information about you and your account.
- Service Providers: we work with third party service providers to provide and deliver our services, process payments, perform analysis and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your Information as part of providing those services for us.
- Laws: we may disclose your Information (including your Personal Information) to a third party if:
- we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- to enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service;
- to protect the security or integrity of Celebrity Ink’s products and services;
- to protect Celebrity Ink, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities; or
- to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Business Transfers: we may share or transfer your information (including your Personal Information) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Anonymised Data: we may also share aggregated or anonymised information that does not directly identify you with the third parties described above.
- Marketing: we may share your Personal Information with our marketing services providers so as to market our products and services to you (including direct marketing).
- With Your Consent: we will share your personal information with third parties when we have your consent to do so.
Information we do not share
We do not share Personal Information about you with third parties for theirmarketing purposes (including direct marketing purposes) without your permission.
Data storage, transfer and security
Celebrity Ink hosts data with hosting service providers in numerous countries including Australia. We will make reasonable attempts to ensure that the servers on which Personal Information is stored are kept in a controlled environment. While we take reasonable efforts to guard your Personal Information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively- collected Personal Information you choose to store in Websites are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Celebrity Ink by emailing us to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Although opt-out requests are usually processed immediately, please allow ten (10) business days for a removal request to be processed. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our services.
Accessing and updating your information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your Personal Information to us in Australia. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
For any questions or notices, please contact: